Perform the following to see if any trouble codes are present.
OPERATION METHOD (SELF-DIAGNOSIS)
The Full Automatic Air Conditioner (FATC) module self test feature will detect electrical malfunction and provide error codes for system components with suspected failures.
Fig. 46: Self-Diagnosis System Self-Test Method
FAIL-SAFE SAFE FUNCTION
Fig. 47: Fail-Safe Function Table
HOW TO READ SELF-DIAGNOSTIC CODE
1. After the display panel flickers three times every 0.5 second, the corresponding error code flickers on the setup temperature display panel every 0.5 second and will show two figures.
2. If error code is more than two, each code flickers 2 times in sequence.
FAULT CODE DISPLAY
1. See following illustration if DTC code is one.
Fig. 48: Fault Code Display (One Code)
2. See following illustration if DTC code is more than one.
Fig. 49: Fault Code Display (More Than One Code)
1. Set the temperature door at the center position and turn off the A/C system during the DTC check.
2. If a malfunction code is displayed during the DTC check, check the circuit listed for that code in the DTC chart shown below.
Fig. 50: DTC Chart
Images (Click to enlarge)
Sunday, December 12th, 2010 AT 4:50 PM