2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee fuel filter

DON30ALD1
  • 2004 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE
Need expert advice while working on car at auto craft shop doing a tune up we replaced the fuel filter the kid helping me broke those plastic clips on the line you know the ones you use special tool to get off. He said they really done matter there just used to make it easier to get it off next time. After all together I checked for leaks cause I was concerned. Do I really need those plastic clips thing
Saturday, August 29th, 2015 AT 1:07 PM

IF THIS IS THE CLIP ARE REFERRING TO

IN MY PIC BELOW "A" IS ATTACHED TO "B"

YOU SORTA MADE IT SOUND LIKE "A" WAS TORN AWAY (PROBABLY IT'S MIRROR IMAGE BELOW IT TOO?)

THIS KINDA CLIP (THE "B" PORTION) LOCKS INTO THE FUEL LINE ON YOUR RIG.

HERE'S THE GOOD PART!

"A" SORTA GIVES IT TENSION INWARD WHILE IT LOCKS INTO THE FUEL LINE.

NOW THAT IT IS LOCKED IN (BEFORE "A" WAS SNATCHED OFF), THE FORCE OF PUSHING THEM TOGETHER MAY NOW HAVE "B" CAPTURED UNTIL YOU PUSH BOTH PIECES TOWARDS EACH OTHER HARD (RELIEVING THE TENSION) OR USING A FUEL LINE TOOL TO WEDGE "B" (BOTH) SIMULTANEOUSLY AWAY FROM THE COLLAR ON THE FILTER.

COULD A BIG OLE BOUNCE KNOCK THE "B" LOCKS OUT, NOW THAT THEY ARE "FREE"?

BY YOU SAYING "CRAFT SHOP", THE TERM "SWAG". NOT HAVING SEEN THIS "SCIENTIFIC EXPERIMENT" PERFORMED BEFORE, MY SWAG IS (THAT YOU MAY ALREADY HEARD) IS THAT IF THINGS CAN GO WRONG THEY USUALLY WILL, AND USUALLY TO ME!

YEAH, NEW CLIPS ARE CHEAP, MAYBE A BIT OF A PAIN TO RE-INSTALL, BUT A LOT EZier THAN STUCK ON A DESERTED ROAD, MAYBE A HIGH TOW BILL, AND A BIG OLE INCONVENIENCE. USUALLY WHILE ON THE WAY TO PICK "HER" UP!

ME, MYSELF, WITH MY RANGER TRAINING AND 34 YEARS OF NUTHIN' BUT DRIVING CJs, I'D BE RE-CLIPPING THE FILTER!

HERE'S JUST ONE OF MY "CAN'T GO WRONG" WONDERFUL EXPERIENCES

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/jeep-grand-cherokee-1997-jeep-grand-cherokee--2

RETURN HERE AND LET US KNOW WHAT YOU MIGHT BE A-THINKIN'

Saturday, August 29th, 2015 AT 2:21 PM