Blinker problem

PEGGY7
  • 2004 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE
I have a 2004 Grand Cherokee with its passenger blinker light out, I have tried changing the bulb, the socket, still no light. It flashes very fast on the dash. Sometimes the part-time 4 x 4 light will also flash, do I have a short somewhere, if so, how do I fix it.
Thursday, June 23rd, 2011 AT 1:08 PM

I DO NOT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THE 4X4 LIGHT, WHAT'S GOING ON WITH YOUR RIG WHEN IT FLASHES. OR IS IT JUST DIMMING?

MY BESTUS BUDDY HAS A 2000, TAIL LIGHT/ TURN SIGNAL ISSUES.

THE BULB HOLDERS TWIST INTO THE FIXTURE ON THE REAR LIGHTS.

WE DID SOME SWAPPING AROUND OF "TWISTY HOLDERS" AND FOUND THAT THE SMALL CONTACT ON THE HOLDER HAD TO BE BENT OUT A LITTLE MORE, AND THE CIRCULAR CONTACTS ON THE FIXTURE, HAD TO BE SLIGHTLY SANDED, TO CLEAN 'EM UP---JUST FOR "INSURANCE", WE APPLIED A THIN COAT OF DIELECTRIC GREASE ON ALL CONTACT SURFACES (AVAILABLE AT A PARTS STORE, SORT LOOKS LIKE A TUBE OF SILICONE GASKET)

ALL SEEMS GOOD NOW!

YOUR TURN

Thursday, June 23rd, 2011 AT 1:57 PM
HEY PEGGY7!

I JUST WENT BACK AND LOOKED,

I USED TO BE "TURDDOG" TILL A NAME CHANGE WAS SUGGESTED BY THE BIG GUYS.

I FIXED YOUR RADIO?

Thursday, June 23rd, 2011 AT 2:03 PM
PEGGY7
Yes you fixed my radio, thanks again. I will try what you suggested, will let cha know :)
Thursday, June 23rd, 2011 AT 2:28 PM
KINDA FOLLOWING UP

THAT FIX THE PROBLEM?

Sunday, July 24th, 2011 AT 9:36 PM
PEGGY7
I tried what you suggested, still didnt work. The strange thing is, I turned a sharp corner and I used the blinker ( cause the front works, so oncoming cars would know I was turning ) and the damn thing started working. I'm thinking maybe its in the steering wheel somewhere. Thanks for your help cj medevac!
Monday, July 25th, 2011 AT 12:38 PM
SOUNDS ABOUT RIGHT

IT AIN'T A REAL HARD TASK--TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE MAY BE REQUIRED

HOW COME DID'T COME CRY ON MY SHOULDER, SOONER THAN THIS?

YOU OUGHTTA KNOW, I TRY TO TAKE CARE OF JEEP PEOPLE TO THE FULLEST EXTENT (INVESTIGATE CJ 5 & 7 FORUMS!)

CAN YOU DO THIS?

IF YOU'LL LOOK AT MANY OF MY ANSWERS, YOU WILL GATHER I CAN COMPLETE MISSIONS, MUCH THE WAY "McGYVER" DOES ON TV!

I CAN OFFER SEVERAL SUGGESTIONS, WHERE "YOU" PURCHASE THE PART, AND HAVE IT DONE BY EXPERIENCED PERSONNEL. RELATIVELY INEXPENSIVE. NOT GOING TO THE DEALER. OR A BIG SHOP. JUST A LITTLE INVESTIGATION, ON YOUR PART.

NOTHING IS DONE THE EXPENSIVE WAY AT MY HOUSE.I JUST FOUND A NEW LAUNDRY DETERGENT SOURCE, 6 MONTHS OR SO, BACK.

WIFEY ALWAYS MUST USE THE BEST!

$18-$20 A GALLON!

I SWITCHED THE SAME STUFF (COLOR AND CHEMICAL COMPOSITION) INTO HER EMPTY BOTTLE.

ABOUT 2-3 WEEKS LATER, SHE NEEDED MORE, I TOOK HER EMPTY INTO THE GARAGE, AND REFILLED IT, USING THE 5 GALLON BUCKET I PURCHASED. IN FRONT OF HER!

YES, SHE FREAKED OUT. THIS WAS SOME SUBSTANDARD STUFF, I WAS FORCING ON HER!
I EXPLAINED SHE HAD BE USING IT, FOR WEEKS NOW. DUE TO THE "NELSOMATIC DECEPTION FACTOR"

I CAN BUY 5 GALLONS OF THE SAME TYPE. NAME BRAND STUFF SHE WAS USING, FOR $25

SAVING US ABOUT $75 OR SO, FOR THE SAME AMOUNT AS BEFORE

WHAT A DEAL. SEE YOU MUST DECEIVE FEMALES, SOMETIMES, TO GET THEIR UNDIVIDED ATTENTION!

Monday, July 25th, 2011 AT 1:54 PM