Alarm goes off when I unlock

WHIDBEYLM
  • 2004 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE
  • AWD
Alarm problem with 2004 jeep, alarm goes off sometimes with I unlock the driver side door with a after market the key, I do not have the remote for the key less entry.
Friday, June 3rd, 2011 AT 1:52 PM

It sounds like you have a driver side door latch that is out which has a micro switch which disables the alarm. I would replace it and see what happens.

You can try to manually lock (now "unlocked doors") each door on your car (meaning: open each door, lock each with your fingers).

Then go to the drivers door and unlock it manually with the key, from outside

This supposedly will reset it

Good luck!

If it does not work, don't fret, someone else will be along to correct me!

The Medic
Friday, June 3rd, 2011 AT 3:58 PM
ERNESTO123
Your driver's side keyfog has a switch that is damaged and needs replacement. What is going on is this: when you enter the key and turn it, the keyfob switch does not act dissabling the alarm. Next, when you open the door, the door open swhitch (which is a different switch) lights the interior lights and the alarm module interprets this as an intrussion and triggers the alarm outloud. So, all you need to do is to locate the switch in the extreme of the door keyfob and replace it. In my jeep such keyfob comes sealed with the switch so both things need to be replaced.
+3
Monday, July 4th, 2011 AT 7:26 PM
WHIDBEYLM
I fix the alarm system, I had to buy a new key and remote. No more alarm going off. The remote controls everything.
+1
Monday, July 4th, 2011 AT 9:39 PM