ISUZU NPR NEEDS AN EXORSISM

• panhead56
  • 2004 Isuzu NPR
  • automatic

I have a 04 NPR(6.0 gas)that after it runs a few minutes the right bank starts to misfire, mostly 6 & 8. If I unplug any injector on that side and wait 10 t0 20 seconds the misfires stop and I can plug the injector back in and it will run fine for a few minutes before the misfires start again. Also most of the time when the ignition is turned off the idle goes up and it runs very rough. Taking it out of park will shut off the engine but the fuel pump and oil pressure light stay on for 3 to 5 minutes. If I unplug the transmission switch or the field wires from the alternator it will shut the engine off with the key but the pump and light still be on for a few minutes. Another computer was tried but I can't find a wiring diagram for the 6.0 gas engine.
Thanks, Mike

Monday, April 11th, 2011 AT 7:51 PM

• rasmataz

Start by checking the sparkplugs, compression and injectors for those cylinders and then comeback with your testing results-let me know

Thursday, April 14th, 2011 AT 8:07 PM