I have a 2004 huyndai Santa Fe

TRAUGHBER4
  • 2004 HYUNDAI SANTA FE

I have a 2004 huyndai Santa Fe. The belt tensioner broke on the timing bet. I Found another motor to replace the one I had. All was well then it started stalling, misfiring and dying. I had a mechanic read the codes. Each time it would give me segment timing incorrect which the suggestion was to replace the Crank Position Sensor. I replaced it. Now the car will not start. It will turn over but will not start. I took the new sensor out twice and replaced with another new one. It still wont start. What would be the issue? Do I need to clear the codes or am I haveing a run of bad parts?

Thursday, January 3rd, 2013 AT 7:47 PM

SATURNTECH9

What are the exact code numbers you have now?

Thursday, January 3rd, 2013 AT 8:38 PM
TRAUGHBER4

It is a P1372 Segment Timing incorect

Friday, January 4th, 2013 AT 4:12 PM
SATURNTECH9

So if you clear that code is that the code that comes right back?

Friday, January 4th, 2013 AT 6:14 PM
TRAUGHBER4

Friday, January 4th, 2013 AT 8:37 PM
SATURNTECH9

Which engine do you have?

Saturday, January 5th, 2013 AT 12:38 AM
TRAUGHBER4

2.7

Saturday, January 5th, 2013 AT 12:19 PM
KHLOW2008

Are you able to restart with the original sensor?
Did you check the pickup point of the sensor for damage?

Sunday, January 6th, 2013 AT 2:52 PM
SATURNTECH9

That's a good one khlow the crank could have struck the sensor.

Monday, January 7th, 2013 AT 12:38 AM
TRAUGHBER4

The old sensor was damaged and burned and will not work. The one I replaced it with that would act up after it got warm was returned the parts house. We have checked the contact point on the block to see if there is any obstruction. I have someone coming over today to ome out the wiring harnes to see if there is a broke wire and a voltage probe to make sure were getting the right voltage.

Thanks for all your help.

Monday, January 7th, 2013 AT 6:16 PM
SATURNTECH9

Alright keep us posted on wat you find.

Monday, January 7th, 2013 AT 6:23 PM
TRAUGHBER4

I was mistaken on the code. It was a P0335. It read Crankshaft Possition Sensor. We ran a voltage test and omed it. We are getting fire to the sensor. We are finding we are not getting fire to the coil pack. Would this sensor supply fire to the plugs?

Monday, January 7th, 2013 AT 11:23 PM
SATURNTECH9

It supplies a signal to the coil to fire. The crank sensor should be about 825 ohms. Across one connector terminal of the crank sensor and chassis ground key on engine off you should see 1.4 volts. Then do the same on the other connector terminal and you should see the same.

Tuesday, January 8th, 2013 AT 1:42 AM
TRAUGHBER4

Ok, I went back to the same auto parts store and had this one exchanged for warranty. This is the 4th time. I put it on the car and no luck. The car still wouldnt start. I went to another parts house and got a name brand one staying away from house brands. Put the new one on the car and she fired right up. I drove my car to the parts house were I have went through 4 defective parts and told them I wanted to return and no more replacements. They had to ask me if I knew what I was doing and I told them there is the car in the parking lot with a competitors part and it is running. They gave me my money back. I want to thank you for all your help.

James

Monday, January 14th, 2013 AT 2:02 PM
SATURNTECH9

Your welcome that's what were here for you could have just checked all those sensors with a ohms meter like I told you could with a ohms meter. That would would have told you that you were getting bad parts all along.

Monday, January 14th, 2013 AT 4:43 PM