2004 Honda Odyssey Drivers power window INOP

MIKENJAPAN
  • 2004 HONDA ODYSSEY
Drivers power window not operating. Clicking is heard inside the control box on the driver door when the switch is moved to the up or down position. New switches installed, new regulator and motor installed, new control box inside the door panel of drivers door replaced. All fuses are good, both sides of the fuses and all fuses in car and under hood have been checked and rechecked. Window goes up and down if power is jumped directly to the motor.
Saturday, August 22nd, 2015 AT 3:31 PM

RIVERMIKERAT
Find the open circuit. That click is probably the relay energizing, so your problem is in either the ground wire or main power wire. Let me know if you need the schematics.
+1
Saturday, August 22nd, 2015 AT 3:42 PM
MIKENJAPAN
What exactly do I need to check? I have schematics.
Saturday, August 22nd, 2015 AT 4:13 PM
RIVERMIKERAT
Find out where switched power to the window motor is failing. The clicking you hear is the relay activating, so switchING power is good-low current. But you have no motor motion, that means switchED power-high current, is failing somewhere.
Saturday, August 22nd, 2015 AT 7:43 PM
MIKENJAPAN
There is an electrical box in the drivers door. That's what I hear clicking. It is not the relay that I hear clicking. The relay is actually located behind the passenger side fuse box. Because I'm working by myself I can't tell whether that relay is working or not. I believe it maybe the electronic unit inside the passenger side fuse box. Have you ever heard of such a thing. Is there a way to check it. I pulled the past your side fuse box out and replace the realize I'm going to put it back in tomorrow and see if that helps.
Wednesday, August 26th, 2015 AT 11:39 PM
RIVERMIKERAT
You said that the regulator and motor are both new, which, unless they aren't properly aligned so the gears mesh, would be my next thought.

Can you get an audio recording of the clicking and upload it for me?
Thursday, August 27th, 2015 AT 6:20 AM
MIKENJAPAN
Window goes up and down perfectly if I power them directly. Reinstalled passenger side fuse box with new relays. Same thing. I also noticed the door locks are not working right. I am leaning towards the multi function box in the fuse box.
Thursday, August 27th, 2015 AT 10:14 AM
RIVERMIKERAT
It definitely sounds like you've either got an open circuit somewhere or a wire that's soon to become an open circuit and requiring more current than the system can supply. Since you can "hotwire" the window to work, this makes sense.
Thursday, August 27th, 2015 AT 6:00 PM