2004 Honda Civic poor acceleration

DEECEE0283
  • 2004 HONDA CIVIC
  • 200 MILES
I have poor accelration after tiing belt was relplaced, I hit the gas. Pede; the rpm is 2000 then te speed just hot up from 0, what seems to be the problem?Help"
Tuesday, September 29th, 2015 AT 12:50 PM

The cam may be out of time from crank due to improper install of belt or tensioner wasn't changed. Also check fuel pressure and scan for codes. Also can be cam and crank synchronization.
Wednesday, September 30th, 2015 AT 7:19 AM
DEECEE0283
Ok thanks for the reply, I also have problem, with fluctuating temp gauge, change the thermostat clean the radiator fan is working well, but still temp is fluctuating after long hours of driving, temp starts to fluctuate when on idle or on a stop light then when it accelerates it goes down and sometines go on its normal level below half, then goes vise versa, what seems to be the problem?I already put antifreeze but still it goes the same thing.
Wednesday, September 30th, 2015 AT 12:05 PM
Check radiator when it does this if you feel cold spots rad is no good otherwise get checked for a head gasket leak
Wednesday, September 30th, 2015 AT 12:23 PM
DEECEE0283
Ok il try to ask the mechanic about it regarding the radiator issue, if the head gasket is change it will never fkuctuates?Im afraid maybe it will be the same after I changed the gasket, actualy the history goes like this I purchase the car a month ago while I was driving after a week I notice the temp is fluctuating like I mentioned before, so I went to a machanic and they that they need to clean the rad so they cleaned and it overhaul it, so they did it and it was the same, so I went to another mechanic and he said need to open the head, head was open sent so machine shop for repahsing, openned it up but he put the same gasket, after that place a new thermostat, check the water pump, it was fine, fan is working place new plugs, put some antifreeze, and everything is the same as before, no check engine light on it, I went back to mechanic and he told me need to replace New head gasket, do you think that is the culprit?Pls help I want to be sure that everything is done properly cause some things that need to replace a little bit expensive. Thank you
Wednesday, September 30th, 2015 AT 12:44 PM
If you take a cylinder head off YOU NEVER use the same gasket as it's destroyed when the head is removed. Get a new head gasket.
Wednesday, September 30th, 2015 AT 12:47 PM
DEECEE0283
Ok will do that thank you
Wednesday, September 30th, 2015 AT 12:59 PM