MY HAS THE "RED BRAKE WARNING LIGHT" STAYING ON.

2004 Honda Accord

jcurts75

May, 25, 2012 AT 1:41 PM

I checked the brake fluid level in the reservoir and it is full. Any thoughts? The car seems to stop fine when driving and really no difference than before.

djcl

May, 25, 2012 AT 1:51 PM

Check the flote in the master cylinder. Try un plugging the sensor @ the flote. And try un plugging the parking prake switch to see if the light goes out

jcurts75

May, 25, 2012 AT 2:05 PM

Would you say it is safe to drive about 10 miles until I get home tonight to check?

djcl

May, 25, 2012 AT 2:11 PM

With out seeing it I can't promise. But with what you stated sofar I would say its safe.

jcurts75

May, 25, 2012 AT 3:00 PM

What are my scenarios when I check these? If I unplug the sensor and the light goes out? What does that tell me? If I unplug the emergency brake switch and it goes out? What then? Sorry I'm a novice, but dad will be here tonight and knows a lot more about the car.

jcurts75

May, 25, 2012 AT 4:20 PM

Is it possible that the brake pads have sensors in them that are telling me they need to be replaced?

May, 25, 2012 AT 4:48 PM

No, brakes pads do not have any sensors to tell you when pads are worn out.

If it is the word BRAKE, then you have a blown brake bulb. If it is the park brake indicator that is showing, then it most probably is due to low brake fluid level, which could mean a leakage somewhere or the pads are wearing out soon.

jcurts75

May, 25, 2012 AT 5:36 PM

KHLow. Your statements are opposite of what the manual is telling me. The red word BRAKE is what's showing up, which talks about checking the break fluid

May, 25, 2012 AT 6:13 PM

Is it the sign Brake with a bracket? If yes, then it is the brake fluid level that you need to check. If the indicator is below the door ajar, then it is the brake blubs.

jcurts75

May, 25, 2012 AT 6:20 PM

It is the parking brake and brake system indicator
see: http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/om/AC0404/AC0404O00060A.pdf

May, 25, 2012 AT 7:09 PM

That is for the brake fluid level.

Brake Pads/Rotor Replacement Chevy Silverado
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Replace Rear Brake Pad-Rotor Subaru Legacy
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Rear