FOR THE PAST TWO YEARS MY CAR HAS BEEN HAVING AN...

2004 Honda Accord

Anonymous

January, 28, 2013 AT 5:01 AM

For the past two years my car has been having an issue that has baffled mechanics (and myself). The car runs great 99% of the time. But then every once in a while the check engine light will come on randomly, the car will start running really rough and the car will stall anytime the car comes to a stop. The car starts right back up but will continue to stall 4-5 more times or until I arrive home. Normally when I get back in the car in the morning the light is mysteriously gone and the car continues to run great for another 1-2 months before it happens again. I have already spent more than 1,000 to have mechanics try to diagnose the problem. No one has come up with an answer. Usually the error codes are different (from problems with the Variable Cam Shaft to a problem with the ECM? Main processor in the car)

It happened again tonight and I tried to take a video of what happened but by the time I got it rolling the car was only running rough but not stalling. I know that by the time I get it to a mechanic the light will be back off and it will be running fine and the mechanic will just charge me a couple hundred bucks to take a look and not find anything.

What do I do next? What can I do to help the mechanics find/fix the problem? How can I keep from wasting money?

January, 28, 2013 AT 10:35 AM

What are the codes, particularly now. Lets start there