2004 FORD TAURUS SMELLING BURNING PLASTIC

• dgatew01
  • 2004 Ford Taurus

While driving my car from store to store I started smelling burning plastic, I had my air on max and decided to turn it off, but could smell it burning, so I parked the car for a few hours and the drove it with no air for about 10 minutes and the smell started again and now I am afraid to drive it at all and would like to know whats going on with it and if it has to do with my check engine light being on for a couple of weeks?

Friday, May 31st, 2013 AT 2:45 PM

• hmac300

I doubt the burning smell has anything to do with check engine light. But check for coolant and oil leaks on to exhaust manifolds as that may be where the smell is coming from. If it smells more plastic then have a pro crawl under the dash and look around and even look under hood for something hitting exhaust manifold as that normally is where these smells come from.

Friday, May 31st, 2013 AT 3:49 PM
  • dgatew01

Thank you, I feel better knowing its not something really major. I'll have my car checked as you suggested.

Friday, May 31st, 2013 AT 6:25 PM