FRONT WHEELS WON'T TURN

2004 Ford Taurus

momaries359

March, 1, 2011 AT 6:57 AM

My car starts but the steering wheel will not turn the wheels

fixitmr

March, 1, 2011 AT 10:04 AM

Any more info you can provide about recent car history? When did this start happening? Could be your serpentine/powersteering belt broke?

caradiodoc

March, 1, 2011 AT 10:04 AM

Do you mean you can't turn the steering wheel because it turns hard or the steering wheel spins around and around but the tires don't turn?

fixitmr

March, 1, 2011 AT 10:06 AM

Which should mean your red battery light stays on after you start car? Or your power steering pump quit workin cause it's out of fluid/broke?

momaries359

March, 1, 2011 AT 9:52 PM

It just happened at 1: 30am on monday 02/28/11 (yesterday) but it has been making a noise for months prior to that. Not the clicking noise usually meaning the cv boots/joints but kind of a rattle which I was told the heater/ac blend door was broken. I CAN turn the steering wheel just a little but its hard and the wheels do not move at all no red battery light came on - not sure about the power steering fluid. Didn't check that

fixitmr

March, 2, 2011 AT 2:47 PM

Did this happen when you were driving or when you went to start car?

Safely Changing Your Spare Tire
Replace Tie Rod End