WHEN I START TO BACK OUT OF THE DRIVEWAY THE ...

2004 Ford Ranger

Anonymous

When I start to back out of the driveway the truck starts making a loud squeaking sound. It's even louder when I roll over the partition that separates the driveway from the street and the frame rocks back and forth. It almost sounds like a fingernails running down a chalkboard or my frame suddenly turned a thousand years old. The sound is more pronounced when I drive slow (almost at idle when parking or turning into a parking space) and I can't hear it at all when traveling faster than 10-15 mph. I know its not my belts, so do you have any idea what this could be?

randyjohnson

February, 3, 2013 AT 3:10 AM

I have a 2000 Ranger with the same problem. Often, owners do their own oil changes. One thing you get from a service3 place that you always think about at home. LUBE the chasis. There are greasde fittings on the tie rod ends to keep the bushing smooth. I pumped a tube into each fitrting before the old, dry, crusted stuff broke free. The squeak went away.

Engine Mount Replacement Chevrolet Cavalier
Engine Torque Mount Replacement
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Subaru Legacy
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Mercedes
Brake Light Bulb Replacement