START AND RUN ISSUES

2004 Ford Ranger

trkshifter

December, 6, 2010 AT 3:51 PM

I have a 2004 Ford Ranger 4x4 with4.0 v-6. It will die then not start then it will start and run sometimes a week or a few hours. Was told it was fuel pump put in a new one ran for 24 hrs then it's doing same thing. Put in a new relay same results. Pleases can you give me any ideas. It's driving me nuts. Scared to take it anywhere cause it may die. Pleases any ideas?

F150

Fuel Pump Relay

legitimate007

December, 6, 2010 AT 4:28 PM

Is there a check engine light on when you get it started?

legitimate007

December, 6, 2010 AT 4:28 PM

Have it scanned for codes then we can diagnose it further.

trkshifter

December, 6, 2010 AT 8:56 PM

No. No light or anything it just dies

legitimate007

December, 7, 2010 AT 7:50 PM

I am thinking that the crank position/hall effect sensor is faulty, but you will need to check fuel pressure and spark, so we can know what direction to turn. Check to see if you hear the hummm of your fuel pump buzzing when you turn your key to (just)the on position, that will rule out the fuel pump. But I think that your crank sensor is faulty, but I cant know for sure unless we check for fuel and spark when we get this no start situation

legitimate007

December, 7, 2010 AT 7:52 PM

Replace Your Fuel Pump Relay - Easy Steps
Replace Fuel Pump Relay
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang