2004 Ford Ranger car misfires

MOTLHABANE
  • 2004 FORD RANGER
Spark intervals are not consistent and therefore causes the car to misfire as if not on timing or wrong firing order. We can't even find obd plug.
Tuesday, August 25th, 2015 AT 12:35 AM

MHPAUTOS
Data link is below dash on left hand side, get codes and re post for further assistance.
Tuesday, August 25th, 2015 AT 3:49 AM
MOTLHABANE
Good evening! Thanks for response to my previous request. We found the Data link and therefore tried to do diagnostics. Unfortunately the system we used couldn't give us option for this Ford Ranger model. And the system we've been using is " Auto Boss V30 SPX. Please advise me further in this regard.
Wednesday, August 26th, 2015 AT 9:50 AM
MHPAUTOS
You will have to find a quality scanner as I will require the set codes to work out the problem you are having
Thursday, August 27th, 2015 AT 12:19 AM
MOTLHABANE
Good day Sir, the only data that reflects repeatedly is P1000
Monday, August 31st, 2015 AT 7:47 AM
MHPAUTOS
This code is set after an ECU re flash, you may just need to do a drive cycle to do the re learn first.
Tuesday, September 1st, 2015 AT 5:25 AM
MOTLHABANE
Good day! Thanks for previous response. I'm not very sure if by drive cycle you mean I should drive around, but the car doesn't start. It sound like releasing a low spark.
Tuesday, September 1st, 2015 AT 8:55 AM
MHPAUTOS
In your original question you said it was misfiring, now you say I does not start, what is it doing exactly, I need correct info to try and help.
Sunday, September 6th, 2015 AT 1:41 PM
MOTLHABANE
The car was first misfiring on two plugs and smoking, I overhauled the engine and put new set of plugs. I timed it with cam position one v-up and four v-down, when my crank mark on zero, On starting the car I had to move plug wires around for it to start, even though it was still misfiring. It was blasting when on their real position. So it idled for six to seven minutes and it just stopped running. After that it never started again.
Sunday, September 6th, 2015 AT 9:24 PM
MHPAUTOS
Have you checked injection pulse, compressions and fuel presure
Tuesday, September 8th, 2015 AT 3:00 AM
MOTLHABANE
Good day. I've changed my cam positions of one and four respectively, i.E, changed my timing from one to four. The engine is now excellent and very powerful. But firing order has changed completely in all terminals. I'd like to thank you for every effort and time you have offered, with your advises and concerns on making sure that I get the car in good condition. Thanks!
Monday, September 21st, 2015 AT 8:45 AM
MHPAUTOS
Thank you for the feed back, good tom hear all is well now.
Monday, September 21st, 2015 AT 2:32 PM