Ford Truck

P_BUD
  • 2004 FORD F-150
I have a 2004 ford f-150fx4 and it seems to shake alot when its in motion and I give it a little gas. I got a oil change and rear diff fluid changed. Still does it. When I let go of gas it stops it just shakes when its given a little gas while rolling
Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011 AT 8:38 AM

FIXITMR
When was last tuneup?
Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011 AT 8:51 AM
P_BUD
Tune up as in what? I got a oil change yesterday and the rear diff changed today. I got a rebuilt trany as well 50,000 km agao. I donno what you mean tune up as in? The guy at the oil change place said it could be my spark plugs? Or fule pump? My chip says theres problems with the catalast converter. It shows some code to do with exhaust. But yeah like I said it never used to do this and just last couple days it will just shake when I get it a little bit of gas while im driving. When I let go it stops and it doesnt shake when I accelerate it fast. Just when its lightly on gas.
Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011 AT 8:58 AM
FIXITMR
Tune up means plugs/wires/code problems fix. Wait it's a 5.4? Sheesh, no wonder. They have plug/coil/wiring problems like you wouldn't believe! Although ther's usually a code set to tell you that. Misfire on cylinder so'n'so. But if it came maybe it will go in a couple days?
Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011 AT 10:07 AM
P_BUD
Hmmm. Yeah personally I like fords never really had to much problems but the problems that happen suck! I read a whole **** load of stuff on the plugs. And how they suck. So what do u mean maybe it will go in a couple days. Like the plugs? Is it expensive to get this stuff fixed. And no I havent done a tune up on it in a long time! Just reg maintaining. Oil change, brakes ect. Could it have anything to do with exhaust? I got codes that say stuff about catalayst manafold or something like that. Why would the spark plugs make it***** like that when its rolling and giving a little acceloration? What do u think it could be? Exhaust? Plugs? Wires? It seems to run fine just when I give it a little gas it gets shakey than stops when I let go of the pedal. Could it be fule pump? Trany?
Wednesday, February 23rd, 2011 AT 12:55 AM
FIXITMR
I meant it came with no reason may go with no reason? Not a fatal problem just a nuisance issue. I've seen people spend small fortunes trying to correct things that arn't critical at the time. You might wanna try a new TPS since your high mileage on that critter. That's another thing, high mileage can have freaky issues with hard to find answers and 4WD just complicates matters. You could also test fuel pressure. And of course you could specific on the codes like the #'s so we can hash it over.
Wednesday, February 23rd, 2011 AT 1:49 AM