READING CODES 2195 AND 2197 WHICH ARE O-2 SENSOR CODES

• Tom Hay 58
  • 2004 FORD F-150

I have a 2004 Ford F-150, 4.6. It’s reading codes 2195 and 2197 which are O-2 sensor codes. I’ve replaced both #1 O-2 sensors, the MAF sensor, the fuel filter and all suspect Vacuum hoses. I’ve also checked for Vacuum leaks, cleaned the ICV and EGR valve. The fuel pressure is 38 (should be between 30 and 40). Checked the temp. In front of and behind the Catalytic Converter ( under 100 degrees difference). I’ve invested a lot of money in parts that have not resolved the problem. Can I check the ICV by connecting it to a battery and see if *** is fully opening? I’ve checked the ohms (reading 10.1 – 2prong). I could sure use some help ! Thanks

Monday, December 19th, 2011 AT 6:44 PM

• Fixitmr

So there's no performance problem only the codes wont go away? You did erase them after parts change?

Monday, December 19th, 2011 AT 6:55 PM
  • Tom Hay 58

I'm sorry I should have said The truck is ideling worse then before. When it's first started it will idel fast then very rough at around 1000 rpms then die.

Monday, December 19th, 2011 AT 6:59 PM
  • Fixitmr

Could be vacuum leak check All the hoses, check for cracks in the intake manifold, bolts loose, gasket sucked in, air entering the exhaust ahead of the OX sensors is all detected by the OX sensors and try to richen up fuel injected but can only go so far in corrections.
This goes to the point the motor runs rough from leaness in and not enough fuel to counter the leaness.
There are different procedures to use for leak detection. Some use propane, some use smoke, some use a scanner to watch certain sensor reactions to forced test procedures.

Monday, December 19th, 2011 AT 8:17 PM
  • Tom Hay 58

I've sprayed carb cleaner all around the intake and presure checked the elbow at the PCV. I've ordered a new PCV and will try that tonight. (Nobody had on in stock). I think I, ve done a good job of checking for a vacuum leak but I'll try again.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Monday, December 19th, 2011 AT 8:36 PM

Other Oxygen Sensor O2 Replace/Remove Questions