2004 Escape idle low, missing & lose power & air hissing

SCOOTER75
  • 2004 FORD ESCAPE
My 2004 Ford Escape; when I crank it up it idles high then idles really low & start to miss then you hear a hissing air sound. When I put my foot on the break & put into drive if misses more unless I idle the rpm to 1 the missing stops but the hissing is louder the more gas I give. Also when you drive it up hills it loses power and speed go's down to 5 miles cars have to go around me. But on open flat roads it's ok & the check engine light never comes on. I put new spark plugs in, new idle control value, EGR value, mass air flow sensor & new vacuum lines. Still no help. I even had guy at advance try and check for a code but there wasn't a code he said, so what can I do to fix my SUV?
Sunday, April 27th, 2014 AT 10:44 PM

If you hear a hissing, there has to be a vacuum leak. Can you tell aprox where it is coming from? Have you checked the intake, brake booster?
Monday, April 28th, 2014 AT 5:11 AM
SCOOTER75
Yes all that has been check too. Thanks for the reply back. This escape has me puzzled
Monday, April 28th, 2014 AT 5:14 AM
How did you check for vacuum leaks?
Monday, April 28th, 2014 AT 5:18 AM
SCOOTER75
I had all vacuum lines replaced. You thank it could be the coil on top of the spark plug boots?
Monday, April 28th, 2014 AT 5:49 AM
If it was a coil pack issue, the check engine light should be on. Regardless, since you hear a hissing sound, you need to focus on that. I feel confident there is a vacuum leak at some point causing the problem. Plus, for you to hear a hissing, it has to be a substantial leak.
Monday, April 28th, 2014 AT 8:40 AM
SCOOTER75
But we're could it be at? The hissing sound to me is comeing from the passenger side. And more gas you give it louder it sounds. Like I said before when I crank it up; it idles high then starts idleing down past 1 rpm the really low and my escape starts to miss and hiss sound. Then I give it gas and get the rpm to 1 and it stops missing but the hissing air sound gets louder. But when I put my foot on the break and put into drive it misses and hisses more. Also when I driving it down the road and start up a hill it loses speed power; I will be running 60 miles an hour the time I get to the top of the hill with the peddle to the floor I will only be running 12 miles an hour. Also I can be driving in town and just lose all gas power I will have to stop and turn off my SUV wait a min or two then crank back up and have gas power. This is getting to me. I'm about to see if I can sale it.
Monday, April 28th, 2014 AT 9:17 AM