Low pressure service port for AC recharge

GBURLESON
  • 2004 DODGE STRATUS
Where is the low service port for ac for a 2004 dodge stratus
Sunday, June 19th, 2011 AT 9:52 PM

GBURLESON
The caps do not identify neither does the book. Plz help.
-2
Sunday, June 19th, 2011 AT 9:53 PM
The low side port is on the hose going from the firewall to the compressor. The high side port is near the compressor on the hose going to the condenser. Those two ports are different so you can't hook the gauges up wrong.
+3
Sunday, June 19th, 2011 AT 10:15 PM
GBURLESON
There is a smaller hose with the fitting on the hose and then there is a larger fitting on top of what I believe is the condenser. The can would not fit the larger connection. And the other looked too small. Are these the only two options?
-1
Sunday, June 19th, 2011 AT 10:29 PM
Are you using a hose for R-134 or R-12? If you hook those little cans of refrigerant to the high side port, they can explode and cause frostbite and blindness. If you aren't sure, you might be safer to have AC work done by the professionals. If you do tackle this, be sure to wear safety glasses at a minimum. Most professionals also wear face shields.
-1
Sunday, June 19th, 2011 AT 10:36 PM
You had a good answer, however there's a head space happening -If I were you bring it in to prevent further damages and personal injuries
Sunday, June 19th, 2011 AT 10:51 PM
GBURLESON
Im using the 19oz can from autozone with the hose and gauge connected.I'v heard the warnings and thats why in trying to find out for sure which is the low side. But from what you said it must be the smaller fitting on the hose. The can says it will only fit the low side so I'll try that.
Sunday, June 19th, 2011 AT 11:43 PM