2004 Dodge Neon Neon won't crank or run

ALEXS
  • 2004 DODGE NEON
I have a 2004 neon 2.0 have had all sort of issues first of all car barely goes till its at about 55 if I press the gas at normal rate it just kind of bucks if I barely press it it takes a long time to get to speed but makes it there smoothly. Then on Friday it over heated on me do to a leak in a line fixed issues right in the spot on Saturday after driving it all day with no issues at all the car just stopped on me after I cranked it and went about 20 ft now it will not crank back up at all it has lights and radio just won't crank or even turn over. Need help and ideas on trouble shooting thank you
Sunday, June 23rd, 2013 AT 5:48 PM

RANDICO
Make the speed by apply the gas pedal smoothly, sounds like a fuel pump not meeting the demands of the engine needs, Now the overheated condition, The starter and the charging system now has to be looked at, just to get it started.
Sunday, June 23rd, 2013 AT 6:13 PM
ALEXS
Thank you, if I understand you are saying check the fuel pump and or replaced, and that we should look at the starter and charing system thank you I will be taking all three off today. Just to clarify the overheating was caused by a bad house and has been repaired. Thank you for your quick reply
Monday, June 24th, 2013 AT 7:08 AM
If the name doesn't say expert like mine does the answer is not from 2carpros. Scan for codes and check fuel pressure first. Then have battery condition checked including load test. Auto parts and tire stores do this for free.
Monday, June 24th, 2013 AT 7:47 AM
ALEXS
Thank you hmac300, we have already checked the battery, the relays and fuses and the ignition switch all seem to check out. Can't run a codes test because we do not have access to a reader and the vechile will not run to take to parts store, have tryed turning the key to start position 3 times to see if code apears it doesn't we have always had problems getting this vechile to run codes it just reads not ready codes, we have put new battery terminals on and cleaned the post, tryed to start in neutral as well and still will not crank. Is there a way to check fuel pressure without the car cranking?
Monday, June 24th, 2013 AT 8:45 AM
You keep saying car won't crank do you mean it won't turn over or it won't run? You only need to turn t he key on to check fuelpressure but you need a gauge which a lot of auto parts rent them. It shold have 53=63psi. If it doesn't crank that is a separate issue which you should check fuses and starter relay in underhood fuse box. Also seeif you can reset your anti theft unit i'm not familiar with how to on Chrysler products but if you have a manual it will spellit out for you.
Monday, June 24th, 2013 AT 9:28 AM
ALEXS
Yes it won't turn over at all, we only get the lights dash lights radio but no engine sounds doesn't even seem to be trying to crank or turn over. We have already checked fuses and starter relay. Thank you will check the local parts store to rent the fuel pressure gage
Monday, June 24th, 2013 AT 10:01 AM
Try the anti theft reset like I said in previous reply. Also take a h ammer an dh ave an assistant try to start the car, hit the body of starter with hammer if it turns over youneed a starter.
Monday, June 24th, 2013 AT 12:27 PM
ALEXS
Thank you for your responses we had the started tested it fine I will look into the anti thief reset
Monday, June 24th, 2013 AT 5:57 PM