Engine wont turnover

KURBSIDEKILLA
  • 2004 DODGE DURANGO
04 dodge durango with the hemi. The battery died and all day long she tried to start it an all it would do is make clicking noises until the battery was completely dead. She took the battery out an kept it out til the next morning. Charged battery. All lights come on but nothing happens start/coil good had it tested. Any ideas? Also we checked all fuses under the hood. Please Help ME!
Wednesday, June 5th, 2013 AT 2:26 PM

If the security light is not flashing when you are cranking it over try starting the truck and smack body of starter with a hammer if it starts it's the starter.

Here is a guide to help you.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-replace-a-starter-motor

Here are diagrams to help you (below)

Please let us know what you find.

Cheers
Thursday, June 6th, 2013 AT 6:47 AM
KURBSIDEKILLA
We had the starter tested it tested good, also b4 that we tried the hammer thing, cuz I thought the same thing. The battery isnt perfect but we did try to jump it with no luck. We are going over today an put the starter back in with a fully charged battery. Someone did tell me while I have the battery out to touch the pos/neg cables together for 30 sec's to reset the security system.
Thursday, June 6th, 2013 AT 12:18 PM
Can you try and start the car in neutral?
-1
Thursday, June 6th, 2013 AT 12:49 PM
KURBSIDEKILLA
We have replaced the starter relay. Well we went over, I put the starter back in, installed a new battery, tried to start it an we could hear that the starter was buzzing but not able to move like the engine was locked. So I loosened the starter thinking the teeth were not lined up right and she tried to bump the starter to turn the teeth a bit an the alarm sounded off now it wont let the starter even move. The manual can help us reset the security? Cuz thats what we're thinking is preventing it from starting all before I read your post about the neutral start. It was the gear shift position sensor that was out. All fixed now.
+1
Friday, June 7th, 2013 AT 8:45 AM
SKYTUNES
Having the same issue on same car, haven't messed with the starter. What worked for you kurbside?
Saturday, February 18th, 2017 AT 10:58 AM
I would follow this guide to see how to run a few simple tests

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Please let us know what you find.

Cheers
Saturday, February 18th, 2017 AT 11:47 AM