MY CAR WON'T SELECT ANYTHING BUT 1ST GEAR

• dirtyrickster
  • 2004 Citroen C3

It is manual but the gearbox is stiff and won't even select reverse. Any ideas? So this morning, my Citroen C3 1.4 SX pulled fine out of my driveway but on the main road I tried to go from 2nd to 3rd gear and it wasn't happening. It was very stiff so I tried 4th and 5th but still didn't do anything. I put it back into 2nd and got it down a side street and pulled over where I tried to select different gears with the engine switched off. Didn't go into anything but 1st or 2nd, not even Reverse.

I started her back up and turned her around to take her home and then found I couldn't select anything but 1st gear. Managed to limp home and is now stuck on the driveway with only 1st gear being selectable. The gearbox is very stiff now and even pushing quite hard won't go into any other gear. Any ideas?

Tuesday, April 10th, 2012 AT 8:29 AM

• hmac300

We have no info for these cars. But check to make sure your cables aren't broken going to trans. Check your clutch.

Tuesday, April 10th, 2012 AT 1:30 PM