I HAVE A STICK SHIFT 2004 PT CRUISER W 163000

2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser

Anonymous

I have a stick shift 2004 PT Cruiser w/ 163,000. Always did regular oil changes and maintenance on the car and she's been a beauty. Yesterday, while I was driving all of a sudden she spuddered--almost felt like she fell out of gear. Then the check engine light went on. I put my flashers on and pulled over. Turned the car off and then back on and she ran fine and got me home. Went to Autozone for the free "check engine light" and it read either timing belt and/or replace Camshaft Position sensor. Any idea on what I should approximately be charged for either? I am a single mom and know nothing about cars and can be easily ripped off! Is this something I need repaired right away, or do I have some time before replacing? This morning the check engine light DID NOT go on and she drove fine.

We need the number as there is no code for timing belt, which is a 100k service and very important, but there is one for the cam sensor

Camshaft Angle Sensor Replacement P0015