BECOME A MEMBER
Sign up with Facebook
I agree to the
Login with Facebook
NOT A MEMBER?
Oil pan removal
2004 CHRYSLER PACIFICA
What are the step by step procedures for oil pan replacement on a 04' Pacifica?
have the same problem?
Thursday, March 31st, 2011 AT 4:11 PM
1. Disconnect negative battery cable.
2. Remove radiator close out panel.
3. Remove radiator core support.
4. Remove radiator cooling fans.
It is not necessary to recover the refrigerant from the refrigerant system to perform this procedure.
5. Remove the top air conditioning compressor bolts.
6. Raise and support the vehicle.
It is not necessary to recover the refrigerant from the
refrigerant system to perform this procedure.
7. Remove the lower air conditioning compressor mounting bolts and reposition the compressor with a suitable retaining strap.
8. Remove the air conditioning compressor bracket
9. Remove structural collar from oil pan and transmission housing.
10. Remove the inspection shield between the transmission and oil pan.
11. Drain engine oil.
12. Remove the engine oil indicator tube.
13. Remove oil pan fasteners. Remove oil pan
1. Identifying Oil Pan
A small amount of oil will remain in the oil pan. Use care when
removing the oil pan from the engine.
14. Remove oil pan gasket.
Thursday, March 31st, 2011 AT 8:42 PM
Why is it necessary to do steps 2, 3, &4? I do not understand? Please advise. JBowen.
Thursday, March 31st, 2011 AT 9:19 PM
The above are from the shop manual. If it is not necessary, you can always skip them.
Please consider a donation if we helped you
Friday, April 1st, 2011 AT 12:11 PM
to post a reply.
Related Oil Pan Replace/Remove Questions
I Need To Replace The Engine Oil Pan On My Chrysler...
I Need To Replace The Engine Oil Pan On My Chrysler Pacifica 2006 3.5 Liter. Does It Just Drop Down Or Do I Have To Move Other Engine Parts...
What Is Involved In Removing And Replacing The Engine...
What Is Involved In Removing And Replacing The Engine Oil Pan I Have An 05 Chrysler Pacifica With The 3.5 Engine. Thanks, John
Oil Drain Plug
Drain Plug Head Is Striped So Bad That Even A Good Bolt Extractor Will Not Get It Out. Can The Oil Pan Be Dropped Without Lifting The Motor...
Ask a Car Question. It's Free!
Crankshaft Main Seal Replace - Front
Crankshaft Main Seal Replacement - Front
Crankshaft Seal Replacement - Rear
Find a car manual for your car
© 1999 - 2017 2CarPros, Inc.