BECOME A MEMBER
Sign up with Facebook
I AGREE TO THE
Login with Facebook
BECOME A MEMBER
OIL PAN REMOVAL
2004 CHRYSLER PACIFICA
What are the step by step procedures for oil pan replacement on a 04' Pacifica?
have the same problem?
Thursday, March 31st, 2011 AT 4:11 PM
1. Disconnect negative battery cable.
2. Remove radiator close out panel.
3. Remove radiator core support.
4. Remove radiator cooling fans.
It is not necessary to recover the refrigerant from the refrigerant system to perform this procedure.
5. Remove the top air conditioning compressor bolts.
6. Raise and support the vehicle.
It is not necessary to recover the refrigerant from the
refrigerant system to perform this procedure.
7. Remove the lower air conditioning compressor mounting bolts and reposition the compressor with a suitable retaining strap.
8. Remove the air conditioning compressor bracket
9. Remove structural collar from oil pan and transmission housing.
10. Remove the inspection shield between the transmission and oil pan.
11. Drain engine oil.
12. Remove the engine oil indicator tube.
13. Remove oil pan fasteners. Remove oil pan
1. Identifying Oil Pan
A small amount of oil will remain in the oil pan. Use care when
removing the oil pan from the engine.
14. Remove oil pan gasket.
Thursday, March 31st, 2011 AT 8:42 PM
Why is it necessary to do steps 2, 3, &4? I do not understand? Please advise. JBowen.
Thursday, March 31st, 2011 AT 9:19 PM
The above are from the shop manual. If it is not necessary, you can always skip them.
Friday, April 1st, 2011 AT 12:11 PM
to post a reply.
Other Oil Pan Replace/Remove Questions
2002 Chrysler Pt Cruiser Structural Collar Removal
I'm Trying To Remove A Oil Pan And 3 Of The Bolts Are Under The Structural Collar And I Need To Remove And Need To Know How To Remove The ...
2001 Chrysler Pt Cruiser Oil Pan Removal
Other Category Problem 2001 Chrysler Pt Cruiser 4 Cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 60,000 Miles I Hit A Chunk Of Ice And It Tore A ...
How To Repair Oil Drain Plug With With Out Replaceing ...
How To Repair Oil Drain Plug With With Out Replaceing The Oil Pan
1995 Chrysler Concorde Oil Pan
Engine Mechanical Problem 1995 Chrysler Concorde 6 Cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 120000 Miles I Have The Shop Manual And Followed ...
Related Oil Pan Replace/Remove Questions
I Need To Replace The Engine Oil Pan On My Chrysler Pacifica...
What Is Involved In Removing And Replacing The Engine Oil ...
2001 Chrysler Sebring Change Oil Pan
Ask a Car Question. It's Free!
Crankshaft Main Seal Replace - Front
Replace Rear Crankshaft Seal
Replace Front Crankshaft Seal
Find a car manual for your car
© 1999 - 2016 2CarPros, Inc.