BECOME A MEMBER
It is free to join!
I AGREE TO THE
BECOME A MEMBER
OIL PAN REMOVAL
2004 Chrysler Pacifica
March, 31, 2011 AT 4:11 PM
What are the step by step procedures for oil pan replacement on a 04' Pacifica?
FOUND 919 RELATED QUESTIONS
Oil Pan Gasket Replacement Oil Pan Remov
Why Isnt It Starting
March, 31, 2011 AT 8:42 PM
1. Disconnect negative battery cable.
2. Remove radiator close out panel.
3. Remove radiator core support.
4. Remove radiator cooling fans.
NOTE: It is not necessary to recover the refrigerant from the refrigerant system to perform this procedure.
5. Remove the top air conditioning compressor bolts.
6. Raise and support the vehicle.
NOTE: It is not necessary to recover the refrigerant from the
refrigerant system to perform this procedure.
7. Remove the lower air conditioning compressor mounting bolts and reposition the compressor with a suitable retaining strap.
8. Remove the air conditioning compressor bracket
9. Remove structural collar from oil pan and transmission housing.
10. Remove the inspection shield between the transmission and oil pan.
11. Drain engine oil.
12. Remove the engine oil indicator tube.
13. Remove oil pan fasteners. Remove oil pan
1. Identifying Oil Pan
NOTE: A small amount of oil will remain in the oil pan. Use care when
removing the oil pan from the engine.
14. Remove oil pan gasket.
March, 31, 2011 AT 9:19 PM
Why is it necessary to do steps 2, 3, &4? I do not understand? Please advise. JBowen.
April, 1, 2011 AT 12:11 PM
The above are from the shop manual. If it is not necessary, you can always skip them.
to post a reply.
Replacing Oil Pan & Oil Baffle
98 windstar threw a rod which knocked some holes and grooves s in the oil pan and oil baffle the oil baffle has the number 2 3t 7 156
Oil Sludge Problem, How To Remove Oil Pan And ...
I have changed and replaced oil with synthetic oil changed oil filters used a sludge remover twice and still having problems with slu
Oil Pan Removal
I just want to put a new gasket on and look at the oil pan and make sure everything is perfect i need some instructions thanks
Need To Replace Front Crankshaft Seal? You Can Do It Like A Pro
Ask a Car Question. It's Free!
Crankshaft Main Seal Replace - Front
Need To Replace Rear Crankshaft Seal? You Can Do It Like A Pro
Got An Engine Oil Leak? Fix It Like The Pros
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Edge
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Honda Accord
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Kia Rio
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Acura TL
© 1999 - 2015 2CarPros, Inc.