BECOME A MEMBER
Sign up with Facebook
I AGREE TO THE
Login with Facebook
BECOME A MEMBER
OIL PAN REMOVAL
2004 Chrysler Pacifica
What are the step by step procedures for oil pan replacement on a 04' Pacifica?
Thursday, March 31st, 2011 AT 4:11 PM
1. Disconnect negative battery cable.
2. Remove radiator close out panel.
3. Remove radiator core support.
4. Remove radiator cooling fans.
NOTE: It is not necessary to recover the refrigerant from the refrigerant system to perform this procedure.
5. Remove the top air conditioning compressor bolts.
6. Raise and support the vehicle.
NOTE: It is not necessary to recover the refrigerant from the
refrigerant system to perform this procedure.
7. Remove the lower air conditioning compressor mounting bolts and reposition the compressor with a suitable retaining strap.
8. Remove the air conditioning compressor bracket
9. Remove structural collar from oil pan and transmission housing.
10. Remove the inspection shield between the transmission and oil pan.
11. Drain engine oil.
12. Remove the engine oil indicator tube.
13. Remove oil pan fasteners. Remove oil pan
1. Identifying Oil Pan
NOTE: A small amount of oil will remain in the oil pan. Use care when
removing the oil pan from the engine.
14. Remove oil pan gasket.
Thursday, March 31st, 2011 AT 8:42 PM
Why is it necessary to do steps 2, 3, &4? I do not understand? Please advise. JBowen.
Thursday, March 31st, 2011 AT 9:19 PM
The above are from the shop manual. If it is not necessary, you can always skip them.
Friday, April 1st, 2011 AT 12:11 PM
to post a reply.
2001 Chrysler Pt Cruiser Oil Pan Removal
Other category problem 2001 chrysler pt cruiser 4 cyl front wheel drive automatic 60 000 miles i hit a chunk of ice and it tore
2001 Chrysler Sebring Change Oil Pan
Engine performance problem 2001 chrysler sebring 4 cyl four wheel drive automatic how do i change my oil pan and is it force to
How Do You Put The Drain Plug Back In The Oil ...
Cant get the drain plug back in the oil pan
How To Repair Oil Drain Plug With With Out ...
How to repair oil drain plug with with out replaceing the oil pan
Found 542 related questions
I Need To Replace The Engine Oil Pan On
My Chrysler Pacifica
What Is Involved In Removing And Replaci
ng The Engine Oil Pa
2002 Chrysler Pt Cruiser Structural Collar Removal
Manuals and Instructions
Need To Replace Front Crankshaft Seal? You Can Do It Like A Pro
Ask a Car Question. It's Free!
Find a car manual for your car
Need To Replace Rear Crankshaft Seal? You Can Do It Like A Pro
Crankshaft Main Seal Replace - Front
Got An Engine Oil Leak? Fix It Like The Pros
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Ford Escape
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Camaro
Oil Change and Filter Subaru Impreza 2011
Engine Oil Change and Filter BMW 5 Series
© 1999 - 2016 2CarPros, Inc.