Having Problems starting my vehicle

WILLP12
  • 2004 CHEVROLET TAHOE
I have been having problems starting my 04 chevy tahoe. This is what happens I put my key in the igition and try to start it up and it doesn't start until the 4th or 5th try.I took it somewhere and said here and they told me it was the igition switch. That's not the problem. They seemed pretty sure about that. They said it was a electrical problem. I recently accidentally washed my identity fob. Could this be what's making my car malfunction? Now they are talking my problem has something to do with my computer in my vehicle and having a computer progammer come out. This is going to cost a lot. Now could it be anything else that's wrong with it before they do this. I'd hate to shell out that much money and it'd be a different problem.
Thursday, December 16th, 2010 AT 4:15 PM

DOCFIXIT
Theft light coming on? Check engine light on? Say doesn't start mean crank?
Thursday, December 16th, 2010 AT 4:30 PM
WILLP12
No lights on at all and yes I mean it doesn't crank
Thursday, December 16th, 2010 AT 4:38 PM
DOCFIXIT
Have you tried spare key? If none have dealer cut new key
Thursday, December 16th, 2010 AT 4:42 PM
WILLP12
No I haven't tried that but I do have one. I don't know what that has to do with anything. You mean a new key for ignition right?
Thursday, December 16th, 2010 AT 4:48 PM
WILLP12
The thing they wanted to do on the computer was replace the power control modeule. They think that's malfunctioning
Thursday, December 16th, 2010 AT 4:58 PM