Passlock question

SPECTOR37
  • 2004 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
The battery in my 2004 Chevy Silverado died yesterday and before that it would start and run fine. Now the problem is I charged the battery and tried to start it it will turn over like normal and start for about a second and die. Now the question I have is does the passlock system need to relearn the codes again before it will start?And will the battery going dead cause the problem?
Friday, January 27th, 2012 AT 6:46 PM

Check the fuel pressure if its within specs before you go into the passlock
-1
Friday, January 27th, 2012 AT 7:00 PM
SPECTOR37
Ok I will try that. But will a dead battery affect the passlock?
-2
Friday, January 27th, 2012 AT 7:19 PM
SPECTOR37
The fuel pressure at the rail is 60 psi. Any ideas?
-1
Friday, January 27th, 2012 AT 7:29 PM
How about injector/s pulses?
Friday, January 27th, 2012 AT 8:41 PM
SPECTOR37
Ok it is a wiring problem the power windows and the dome lights quit working and I can't find a wiring diagram for it. It has an aftermarket radio
Saturday, January 28th, 2012 AT 12:44 AM
Ok it is a wiring problem the power windows and the dome lights quit working and I can't find a wiring diagram for it. It has an aftermarket radio-

All these things causing it to die in 2secs
Saturday, January 28th, 2012 AT 2:06 AM
WRENCHTECH
If you are getting any kind of security system indicator, here is the relearn procedure.

Disconnect the battery and hold the cables together for about 30 seconds then reconnect the cables before performing the procedure. Read it carefully if done incorrectly it won't work. If it helps let me know.
Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).
Observe the SECURITY telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes (the vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK).
Important
The vehicle learns the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or password on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.
Start the engine (the vehicle has now learned the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or password).
With a scan tool, clear any DTCs if needed (history DTCs will self clear after 100 ignition cycles).
+3
Saturday, January 28th, 2012 AT 3:13 AM