2004 Chevrolet Silverado parasidic draw

04SILVERADODOY
  • 2004 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
The battery in my truck will last sometimes one day, or five. While trying to perform a parasitic draw test with a craftsman 82410 model multimeter the amps jumped to 1.0 on the 10 amp setting and I could hear the door/ lights buzzer start dinging even with all 4 doors closed, please help. What does that mean? Thanks
Monday, December 16th, 2013 AT 8:42 AM

SATURNTECH9
Do you wait ten mins with all the doors closed and everything off to see what it reads then?Also is dome light on with the door closed?Make sure the dome light is on is on the door position while doing the test.
Monday, December 16th, 2013 AT 8:58 AM
04SILVERADODOY
Yes, waited more than 10 minutes and its still dinging when I hook up the meter, the dome light is burned out I think
Monday, December 16th, 2013 AT 9:15 AM
SATURNTECH9
Lets see if the dome light bulb is burned out if we know the lights coming on we could narrow down if its the door switch.
Monday, December 16th, 2013 AT 9:56 AM
04SILVERADODOY
It's not burned out it just doesn't come on when you open the door. Do you know where the sensor that tells the truck the door is open/closed is at? (On the door frame itself.)
Monday, December 16th, 2013 AT 10:08 AM
04SILVERADODOY
I pulled the door relays under the hood to check them and it didn't change the readings. I pulled them one at a time but I don't think the doors are the problem.
Monday, December 16th, 2013 AT 11:02 AM
SATURNTECH9
You should be pulling fuses one at a time let me know which fuse stops the draw?
Monday, December 16th, 2013 AT 11:24 AM
04SILVERADODOY
Pulled the fuse for the RRPark (rear parking and side marker lamps) and it dropped from 1.0 to.05 on the 10A scale. What now?
Monday, December 16th, 2013 AT 12:21 PM
SATURNTECH9
That's for exterior lamps right rear, clearance lamps right. Are any of those lights on?
Tuesday, December 17th, 2013 AT 1:18 PM
04SILVERADODOY
Yes sir, I pulled all and didn't find any that change the amps like the day before yesterday. I know I look like a dummy, no good with electrical problems. And I meant over 1.0 on the 10 amp scale. No the lights were not on. I checked them to make sure they work. (Bed light, blinkers tail and brake lights)
Wednesday, December 18th, 2013 AT 2:16 PM