MISFIRING RANDOMLY

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

njdangerous1

May, 30, 2012 AT 4:29 PM

I can hear/feel it misfiring when it does it. It is semi-random when this occurs. It seems to happen most when I drive for 1-2hours shut it off then restart it. I have changed the plugs and wires all seemed good. It has completely shut off on me a few times when it was misfiring real bad, but started right back up afterwards. The check engine light only came on 1 time and that was when it shut off completely like 5 times within a 30min period, that night I left it on the side of the road came back the morning after the CE light was off and it drove home fine. I do not know much about cars at all, it seems to me though like it happens more when the car heats up. My temp gauge never goes abv 200 usually its around 180-190. It threw a P300-Random/Multiple Misfires, when the CE light came on that 1 time but didnt specify any cylinder. I have suggestions from mechanic friends to change the Catalytic Converter, Coil Packs, and Camshaft Position Sensor. Any suggestions, advice, help, experiences are greatly appreciated. Thank you!

May, 30, 2012 AT 4:35 PM

Go to this walk thru link: http://www.2carpros.com/articles/engine-misfires-or-runs-rough