RUNNING FINE AND SUDDENLY WON'T START. I

• markandlu
  • 2003 Volvo 122

Volvo xc90; has been running great and suddenly won't turn over. It tries to but just sputters and dies

Tuesday, February 21st, 2012 AT 1:56 AM

• billymac

When you turn your key on you should hear buzzing noise from the fuel tank for only about 3 seconds. You need to check at the eng for fuel at the fuel rail. Check all fuses and relays alarm system working properly

Tuesday, February 21st, 2012 AT 2:35 AM
  • markandlu

Did all that. Noticed an error message on one start attempt.
"Immobilizer activated; see manual" the manual says this is a problem with the
transponder key. I will call Volvo in the morning. Noticed someone with am '04 had the same problem and it reset in 5 hours.

Tuesday, February 21st, 2012 AT 5:07 AM
  • billymac

Good luck

Tuesday, February 21st, 2012 AT 5:01 PM
  • JIS001

Is your key blade broken? If it is make sure you insert the key in a straight position or the antenna ring will not read the key. Also if you have any fast track near the ignition, move it in another position. Also make sure no other keys are attached with key for this vehicle. If all that is ok let us know what codes are scanned from the Central Electronic Module? You could need something as simple as a CEM software upgrade/reload to worse case scenario replacing the CEM or some other control unit? Let us know what happens?

Thursday, February 23rd, 2012 AT 6:07 AM