MY CHECK ENGINE LIGHT WENT ON

2003 Volkswagen Passat

Anonymous

December, 28, 2012 AT 4:12 AM

My check engine light went on. I took it to the dealer and was told I needed a camshaft position sensor and serpentine belt. They also replaced a side marker bulb and performed a brake fluid flush. $1125 later the engine light comes back on when I drive it home after picking up the car from the dealer. I take it back the next day and they say there are cam correlation faults in the system and suspect timing chains are stretched causing the failure, to the tune of $3700! Had they found this the first time around, I would have never spent the $1125. Does all this sound right?

exovcds

December, 28, 2012 AT 4:44 AM

What size engine? Camshaft position sensors can be changed without moving a timing belt. The serpentine belt is also straight forward to replace. What exactly was done for $1125?

Take it back. If the codes are different than before, then something was not done right.

Thomas

Side Marker Bulb Replacement Mini Cooper
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz
DRL Light Bulb Replacement
Fog Light Bulb Replacement w/ H.I.D Kit