KEY WONT LOCK CAR AND INTERIOR LIGHTS SUCH AS THE DOOR OPEN LIGHT WON'T CUT OFF AUTOMATICALLY

2003 Volkswagen Jetta

gdaniels2323

February, 6, 2012 AT 3:26 PM

2003 jetta - Is this a fuse problem? Everything is working fine it's just the key to unlock the car won't do it anymore and sometimes it will. Also my cabin light that turns on when the door is open stays on so I have to turn it off manually. And horn does not chirp when doors are locked. Is this a fuse or relay problem how to fix it?

rivermikerat

February, 6, 2012 AT 7:02 PM

The electronic key/power locks? Battery in the keyfob is dying. Dome light issue is a door pin switch. The horn issue is too, probably. If you set the panic alarm, does the horn sound?

gdaniels2323

February, 8, 2012 AT 7:38 PM

I don't think it's dying because I hit the button the little red light blinks but then again If I click it alot it opens the car. And te alarm horn does sound. Just not when it locks which is odd to me. So I will need to buy a new key sometime soon?

rivermikerat

February, 9, 2012 AT 4:27 AM

No. A new battery.

gdaniels2323

February, 9, 2012 AT 6:51 AM

A new battery for the key?

rivermikerat

February, 9, 2012 AT 7:29 AM

For the keyfob. The part in the picture. I understand they're integrated, but I mean the plastic part that has the buttons you press to lock/unlock.

gdaniels2323

February, 15, 2012 AT 6:45 AM

My car just had an ignition misfire and hmm omens layer check engine light it only comes on when the misfire and says my catalyst is below threshold p0420 and te spark plug but it's because I didn't start the car long enough. Should I just get the light removed and ignore it?

rivermikerat

February, 15, 2012 AT 8:18 PM

The check engine light? No. That's there to alert you of problems that can cause damage to the engine or emissions systems. Hmm omens layer? Is that a shop?

gdaniels2323

February, 15, 2012 AT 8:23 PM

It came on after a misfire is all I got it turned off it has came on before I had then it went off it all happened from a misfire I got it read again today still got P0420 banks 1 below threshold I'm sure it's due to my 02 sensor reading wrong due to the misfire because my car is an 03 no way the catalytic converter should be below threshold yet

rivermikerat

February, 15, 2012 AT 8:35 PM

What engine do you have?

gdaniels2323

February, 15, 2012 AT 8:41 PM

VR6

Fix a Door That Will Not Close With Ease
Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet