Replace keyless for remote car starter

CHRIS481
  • 2003 SATURN VUE
  • AWD
Describe your problem. How to replace a keyless/security remote for a buldog remote starter on a 2003 saturn
Monday, January 3rd, 2011 AT 4:49 PM

SATURNTECH9
What is the model number of the system you have?Do you have the remote to program?
Monday, January 3rd, 2011 AT 6:02 PM
CHRIS481
The remote start is a bulldog rs1200. Brother in law is putting it on my sisters car as a christmas present. He was working on it last night and had it running for about just a few seconds but did not have the security system bypassed. He had disconnected the pos. Batery lead after everything was hooked up before he started the car. Now he has put in the bypass, car will not start. The car turns over normal but does not start like it has no fuel
Monday, January 3rd, 2011 AT 6:53 PM
CHRIS481
Excuse me to the second question yes we have the remote to program. Believe it is a passlock 2 system on the car.
Monday, January 3rd, 2011 AT 7:08 PM
SATURNTECH9
The way it sound's you forgot to by the bypass module for the vue.Since it has a pass lock system you will need that alos for the remote start.Here is the link so you can check it out.You don't have a chip in that key so that will complete your install.http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/Products/453055269-universal-learning-bypass-module-for-remote-starter-installations.aspx
Monday, January 3rd, 2011 AT 7:09 PM
SATURNTECH9
It tells you in the instruction's how to program the remote.
Monday, January 3rd, 2011 AT 7:10 PM
CHRIS481
Thank you Saturntech9. While I was typing my brother in law disconnected the whole thing still would not start, and think we might have to reset the original security system. Any idea how to do that?
Monday, January 3rd, 2011 AT 7:22 PM
SATURNTECH9
Use the instruction's I posted to reprogram the pass lock then get that bypass module and you should have it all up and running.
Monday, January 3rd, 2011 AT 7:56 PM