2003 Saturn Vue My car bucks

MELODYO
  • 2003 SATURN VUE
My car has started "bucking" when excelerating from a complete stop. The bucking ususally starts at about 20mph and only bucks that one time until I come to another complete stop. Please advise. Thanks.
Friday, June 7th, 2013 AT 6:33 AM

SATURNTECH9
Any codes in the computer?Which engine do you have?
Friday, June 7th, 2013 AT 7:38 AM
MELODYO
I'm not sure about any computer codes. I have a 4 cylinder motor with an automatic transmission. The bucking feels similar to that when you attempt to pop a clutch. Today it bucked three consecutive/contineous times when I took off from just one stop.
Wednesday, June 12th, 2013 AT 9:00 AM
SATURNTECH9
Sounds like the transmission drive belt is slipping very common on those 4cyl vues.I need you to get it scanned for codes so we have a starting point.
Wednesday, June 12th, 2013 AT 6:27 PM
MELODYO
Thank you so much for your assistance. I'll take it this weekend to have it scanned as you suggest. I'm hoping that if it is the T-belt slipping it's not a costly repair. Thanks again.
Thursday, June 13th, 2013 AT 7:06 AM
SATURNTECH9
If the transmission belt is slipping its a very expensive repair. Make sure the scanner used is a professional one not a diyer one.
Thursday, June 13th, 2013 AT 6:42 PM
MELODYO
Oh no. Does the transmission have to come out? Its probably hard to determine, but what should I expect price wise? Trying to see if I can even afford to have it repaired right now. I really appreciate the information you have provided me so far. Most beneficial.
Thursday, June 13th, 2013 AT 6:59 PM
SATURNTECH9
The transmission would have to come out and it would be well over 2000 not cheap. Plus you would have to do a line pressure test on the transmission to make sure the pump or valve body didn't fail causing the belt to slip. Those transmissions were good from the start.
Thursday, June 13th, 2013 AT 8:08 PM