Ecurity light stays on for a while

JR3289
  • 2003 SATURN VUE
I have a 2003 saturn vue with approx. Mileage of 97,000. The security light stays on for a while and then goes out. It has been doing this for the last 10,000 miles. It has created no starting problems. I have a gm tech 2 scanner, and am unable to pull codes.

Replacing the ignition tumbler would that solve the problem, or I read trying to clean the tumbler with brake clean might work?
Tuesday, January 10th, 2012 AT 4:08 AM

SATURNTECH9
Cleaning the tumblars is for the ignition cylinders sticking there is a bulletin for that. But most of the time that does work. The security light is a different thing all together. When the lights on or any other time is the door locks keyless entry gas gauge temp gauge etc inop intermintantly. Its most likely going to be a pass lock sensor or a body control module.
Tuesday, January 10th, 2012 AT 4:44 AM
JR3289
All gauges work properly, and all other keyless entry work fine. The only thing so far is just the security light coming on. Where is the location of of the pass lock sensor?
Tuesday, January 10th, 2012 AT 5:56 AM
SATURNTECH9
The pass lock sensor is built into the ignition housing.I would take it somewhere that can read your body control module codes. Which the auto parts stores cant do then let me know what the exact code numbers you have are not code descriptions.
Tuesday, January 10th, 2012 AT 6:06 AM
JR3289
I used my gm tech 2 scanner, and when I went to body control module codes, no codes were present. Does this mean the defective part is the passlock sensor?
Tuesday, January 10th, 2012 AT 3:20 PM
SATURNTECH9
Usually when the pass lock sensor fails on those cars it sets a code but anything is possible. Those vues did have some body control module issues also.I always used my spare body control to swap out to see if it was a bad body control module.
Tuesday, January 10th, 2012 AT 5:17 PM