2003 SAAB 9-3 SE

MORGANNAIS@YAHOO.COM
  • 2003 SAAB 9-3
I have had several electrical and starting issues with my Saab 9-3 SE. The battery and battery cables were just replaced. While driving the car home, the indicator sound went off, the radio stopped working, and several dash indicators lit up including the transmission indicator. There was also a smell of something either warm or burning but no smoke and the odor went away after a few minutes.

When driving the vehicle felt sluggish but did get to speed though not like it would normally. Once stopped the vehicle did not start, there was a whining noise and some clicking. I let the car sit a few minutes, tried to start again and it did start but after about 1 minute, the indicator lights came back on.

My mechanic beleives the alternator may be the issue since the battery is brand new (less than 5 days)
Sunday, November 28th, 2010 AT 11:04 AM

KHLOW2008
Have the alternator tested to confirm.
Sunday, November 28th, 2010 AT 1:56 PM