Wet passenger floor

KOKO91
  • 2003 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX
Passenger side floor wet. Comes from base of seat, not dashboard. No smell, no warning lights. Remains the same in high heat but gets worse with rain. Does not puddle but always wet. Just took it to the mechanic, who claims air conditioning pipe is not clogged.
Saturday, April 9th, 2011 AT 8:06 PM

If it is not coming from the AC drain tube or heater core dismount the seat and investigate.
+2
Saturday, April 9th, 2011 AT 8:08 PM
PROTECH1980
Hey Raz, just wanted to add to this one because I just had to deal with similar issue in shop. This is a some information from another Grand Prix owner that posted this on the web, I found to be helpful:

I also had the same problem and spent over two thousand dollars before I found out what the problem was. All Pontiac Grand Prix from 1999-2009 that leak water on passenger floor is from the following: The front cowl panel, [Where windshield wipers are] has a air box inside the panel, that when built has a two piece construction that is sandwiched together at factory, and over time, summer heat, Icy winters etc, dries out and allows water to get into air box and drip out below dash on passenger side. To fix: Remove wiper arms, remove cowl screen, and you will notice a box looking square on passenger side, clean out in and around box opening top. Must be clean and dry. Next use ether urethane windshield sealant, or silicone water proof sealer. Reseal all the way around box, [Where metal body meets air box.] Make sure to re seal all the way around air box and let dry overnight. You can buy ether sealants at your local automotive parts store.
+11
Saturday, April 9th, 2011 AT 9:12 PM
KOKO91
That would make sense, but it is not coming from the dash. It is coming from the seat area. The parts near the dash are the very last thing to get wet.
+1
Saturday, April 9th, 2011 AT 10:31 PM
PROTECH1980
You might not think it is coming from the behind the dash, but try this, pull the carpet up and back starting up towards the dash and stick your hand under it. I think that you will find that the underneath is saturated with water, the carpet might not seem wet but there is about two inches of foam under the carpet that absorbs the water and it runs back and pools up in the passenger floor area.
+4
Sunday, April 10th, 2011 AT 4:08 AM