ELECTRICAL ISSUES WITH TURN SIGNAL, BLOWER AND LIGHTER OUTLET

• Snupcake
  • 2003 Oldsmobile Alero
  • 76 miles

I have a 2003 olds alero w 76k miles. Just recently the following things have started happening. The turn signal goes ticka-ticka-ticka when it should shut off. The blower is not working well, it only works on high, and the lighter/outlet thing doesn't work if I plug anything in. Is this a sign that something big is going on or are these little unrelated things.

Monday, February 6th, 2012 AT 11:34 PM

• hmac300

They could be unrelated. Check your fuses for the lighter and body to battery ground for the flasher. You could have a bad flasher as well. For the blower check your resistor, it should be by the blower, see if it is getting and putting power out, it may not be. If it's not getting power check the control head.

Monday, February 6th, 2012 AT 11:36 PM
  • Jacobandnickolas

If the signals are not canceling, chances are the plastic tab that shuts them off when the steering wheel centers is broken. If the blower motor only works on high, chance are either you have a bad blower motor resister or relay. Finally, check for a blown fuse to the lighter. Check to see if there is power to the lighter. There should only be one wire going to it.

Monday, February 6th, 2012 AT 11:37 PM