Where is the fuel pump relay on my Pathfinder.

ANONYMOUS
  • 2003 NISSAN PATHFINDER
Where is the fuel pump relay on my Pathfinder, it is a 2003?
Sunday, February 17th, 2013 AT 4:12 AM

KHLOW2008
Behind left luggage compartment trim.
-1
Sunday, February 17th, 2013 AT 4:54 AM
STAYCE BUTTS
Left luggage trim? Hello, I have an 03, nissan pathfinder that cranks over when started, Then shuts off? If I double roll the ignition it will start ever time. WHY? AND WHAT IS THE CAUSE?
Tuesday, January 30th, 2018 AT 8:32 AM
STEVE W.
STAYCE BUTTS Could you please as this as a new question and give as much information as possible? When you added your question to an older question it gets hidden and missed.

From your description it sounds like a fuel pump issue, that it isn't holding pressure when the key is shut off and the double key turn re-primes the system.
If you ask as a new question with the vehicle information we can look up more info on it.

Thank you.
+1
Tuesday, January 30th, 2018 AT 9:28 PM
STAYCE BUTTS
2003 nissan pathfinder, 2 wheel drive. 3500 v-6 that cranks over when started, Then shuts off? If I double roll the ignition it will start ever time. WHY? AND WHAT IS THE CAUSE?
Wednesday, January 31st, 2018 AT 6:21 AM
STEVE W.
Try this test, turn the key on for 3 seconds, turn it off. Now try to start it. If it starts and runs without shutting off you have an issue with the fuel pump check valve. It's job is to retain fuel pressure in the system after you run the vehicle. When you first turn on the key it should prime the system with fuel. Then the engine starts and the ECM sees the rpm change and turns the pump back on. When the check valve fails the fuel all drains back out of the lines so you have an air locked system. The engine starts on the first amount of fuel, burns it off but then hits the air and shuts off. The next time you try to start it the system has now purged the air and the engine runs.
That check valve is in the fuel pump so the only way to repair this issue is to replace the pump. Or just turn the key twice and run it.
+1
Thursday, February 1st, 2018 AT 8:09 AM