Crank sensor reconnect 2003 2.5 Nissan

TODDRT
  • 2003 NISSAN ALTIMA
How to get the crank position sensor on a 2003 nissan altima 2.5 reconnected, I replaced sensor with new one and now it wont snap back into place, as hard as I try to push it together.
Sunday, February 27th, 2011 AT 7:41 PM

WRENCHTECH
You may have bent one of the pins over inside. You're going to have to get a good look inside if the pin side if the plug.
Sunday, February 27th, 2011 AT 7:51 PM
TODDRT
The new sensor is the male side and the pins arent bent on either one, I tried 2 new sensors from the parts store and still no luck I can push it together but it wont lock into place
Sunday, February 27th, 2011 AT 7:55 PM
WRENCHTECH
You may have broken off the locking tabs then.
Sunday, February 27th, 2011 AT 7:57 PM
TODDRT
Ok that is a possibility it had a green locking clip but it is still inside the harness connector and it u can hear it click when u push the sensor into it but it still wont hold the sensor in place, thanks for nay help you may have, I am ready to go to nissan tomorrow and get a new harness if I need, I saw on a few posts that you really have to push it hard, dont make sense but if a tech is out there that has had this same problem please tell me what I need to do, 6 hours yesterday under the hood doesnt add up to wanting to buy another product from nissan.
Sunday, February 27th, 2011 AT 8:02 PM
WRENCHTECH
Don't blame Nissan if you broke the clip. You can always push it on and then apply some silicone to the outside to hold it in place.
Sunday, February 27th, 2011 AT 8:05 PM
TODDRT
No not blaming anyone, like I said all the clip is still there like it came off no pieces missing or anything, you can move the lock froward with your finger like it came off and then when you push them together you hear the click like it should lock it in place but it isnt holding it and as far as trying to install and then add a sealant the sensor is turned 180 degrees from stock so you can get to the hold down bolt, and when you bolt sensor into block it the transaxle housing pushes the harness off the sensor as you tighten the bold to the block.
Sunday, February 27th, 2011 AT 8:11 PM