MY CAR VIOLENTLY SHAKES AT RED LIGHTS WHEN I BRAKE AND ITS IDLE

2003 Nissan Altima

iumair

February, 22, 2012 AT 10:50 PM

What could be the problem? RPM is not acting wierd everything seems fine. It only started happening recently. I have had this car for a month now. When I turn on my car(it's a remote starter only) the car starts shaking and under the hood the engine itself is shaking. Engine sounds fine. Also when you start driving at speed for example 30 to 40 mph the car is fine not shaking but as soon as I come to a complete stop on a red light or stop sign it starts shaking bad like it is about to stall or shut down. Fortunately it didnt shut down on me yet and the problem happened twice. The check engine light has been on ever since I bought it and the dealer said I probably left my gas tank cap loose so I ignored it till now. It doesn't happen every time.

fixitmr

February, 22, 2012 AT 11:22 PM

It sounds like and may have a vacuum leak or possibly a bad intake or exhaust valve.

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Mercedes ML
Brake Pad/Brake Rotor Replacement - Rear
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement - Front Ford
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front