AUDIBLE REMINDER AND LIGHTS FLASHING NOT WORKING WHEN UN/LOCKING CAR.

2003 Nissan Altima

anmatthews

March, 27, 2012 AT 9:33 PM

My car has always honked once and flashed the hazard lights when I have locked it with the keyfob, and just flashed the hazard lights when I have unlocked it with the keyfob.

Now, when locking the car with the keyfob, it only flashes the hazard lights. When I unlock the car with the keyfob, only the front hazard lights flash.

Is this an easy fix? Or am I better off just learning to deal with not having the proper feature anymore?

Light Codes

Lighting Issue

rivermikerat

March, 27, 2012 AT 9:42 PM

Does the horn still work? Is it the horn that honks when you press the button on the steering wheel?

anmatthews

March, 27, 2012 AT 10:07 PM

Yes, the horn still works properly.

rivermikerat

March, 27, 2012 AT 10:16 PM

Ok. For some reason our reference material isn't letting me look at schematics today. I'm going to ask one of my colleagues here to take over for me.

anmatthews

April, 2, 2012 AT 3:07 PM

I am still experiencing this issue and was wondering if any ideas have come up about what could be the possible issue?

Thanks.

rivermikerat

April, 2, 2012 AT 5:29 PM

You could have a bad anti-theft system controller, or bad wiring. I messaged my boss, asking him to help.

Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Open Hood Video
Cabin Air Filter Replacement