My 2003 Eclipse has had a vibrating problem for.

ANONYMOUS
  • 2003 MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE
My 2003 eclipse has had a vibrating problem for a while now. Its recently gotten worse (last 75,000 miles) and the check engine light just turned on a few days ago. I have almost 160,000 miles on it and I drive about 100 miles per weekday. Wen the vibrating first started, I took the car to two mechanics and neither could find anything wrong. One told me this is normal for a sports car, but it just seems to be getting worse.
Friday, November 2nd, 2012 AT 3:45 AM

DRCRANKNWRENCH
More than likely the motor mounts are bad. When you replace them, you have to replace all of them and the transmission mount at the same time. If you don't the new mount will get damamged by carrying the load of the engine that the failed or failing engine mounts cannot support.
If the check engine light is on have the trouble codes pulled. Any Auto Zone or Advance Atuo will do this for free.
Friday, November 2nd, 2012 AT 10:38 AM