Re: 2003 Mitsubishi Diamante
The car stalled Dec 31 and would not restart; when it stopped there was a pronounced odor of sulfur (it was similar to the smell of rotten eggs). There was barely enough charge in the battery to power to emergency flashers; the starter would not engage (not even a click). The smell was still evident when the tow truck arrived (the driver noticed it); the battery checks out at about 7V (way too low). Everything was closed Jan 1, so now I need to get it checked out.
The battery passed a load test 3 weeks ago and the alternator also passed its test. All belts are intact and the car was not running hot.
Do I charge the battery and drive to a service mechanic, or should I have the car towed (is there something else mechanical going on)?
(Yes, the timing belt is on my list of service to do, because I don't know if the prev. Owner kept up with this.)
have the same problem?
Sunday, January 2nd, 2011 AT 7:33 PM