The engine check lights on

HAMDI HS
  • 2003 KIA SORENTO
Helo,
Here I hav this problem to ask. When I drive and to accelerate my speed to 120-140km/h, my engine cut-off suddenly. The engine stop running and the indicator 'check engine' appears on the dash board. I try to start the engine twice but failed. I wait after 5 minutes then I tried to start again. The engine can running but the warning 'check engine' is still light on. I drive everywhere 10-20miles, the engine still can running but the indicator still on. Check the engine oil level is ok, check the water level is ok but its feel hot. Rest the car after 2hours, the engine cool then I try start the engine again. Its running and the 'check engine' indicator is off. What the problem ACTUALLY? My water tank is hot, the water is hot even the engine is already cool.
Monday, March 26th, 2012 AT 3:31 AM

ASEMASTER6371
You need to have the code pulled to help see what system has a problem. It could be lots of things but cutting off may be a failing crank sensor.

Monday, March 26th, 2012 AT 3:34 AM

Sponsored links