2003 Isuzu Rodeo engine timing

SHANNON15964
  • 2003 ISUZU RODEO
Change water pump and went to loosen crankshaft pulley bolt by holding intake camshaft sprocket but the belt jumped

now crankshaft and exhaust camshaft sprocket are in time but intake is not cause belt jumped teeth. Do I need to loosen that intake cam and rotate engine around to tdc and then rotate intake cam sprocket back to tdc also just not sure how to do this.
Sunday, February 1st, 2015 AT 8:20 PM

If the timing belt has jumped a tooth, you need to reset the timing. See if this page helps.

http://www.2carpros.com/diagrams/isuzu/rodeo/2003
Monday, February 2nd, 2015 AT 5:17 AM
SHANNON15964
With this being an interference motor could I have damaged a valve or something motor never was started and it jumped more than a tooth maybe 5
Monday, February 2nd, 2015 AT 6:48 AM
If you didn't crank or start the engine, it should be fine.
Monday, February 2nd, 2015 AT 6:33 PM
SHANNON15964
Well took my car to garage to have waterpump and timing belt put on, and told them about it jumping teeth, they had it 2 days called today went over there while they were finishing up they started it several time in the garage to add fluid and get hot air, they took it out and drove it about 5 or 10 mins later they came back parked it out on a hill. We went inside payed got key and when I went out car turned over started to start then died seen fuel gauge was on empty so I put in neutral let car roll back off hill went to start it again and it cranked for a few seconds and nothing. I got out and we pushed it back over to garage they came out and serpentine belt had started to unravel on the edge so they cut off unraveld part and went to start engine it turned over now but not starting and backfired a poof out air filter area the guy in garage says engine has no compression, What the HELL ran fine then this how could engine get damaged if they put everything back on and ran it
Wednesday, February 4th, 2015 AT 2:52 PM
It sounds like it jumped timing again. Has that been checked?
Friday, February 6th, 2015 AT 8:53 AM
SHANNON15964
Yes he said serpentine belt shred and he said it jumped and engine is shot and he is not taking any blame for it
Friday, February 6th, 2015 AT 3:02 PM