2003 Hyundai Santa Fe Sudden brake loss

MCAVINEE
  • 2003 HYUNDAI SANTA FE
My wife was at the store and when she got back in the SUV the brake pedal went to the floor. There is no leakage under the vehicle. Does this sould like the master cylcinder and or power booster? There are no leaks in the lines or at the wheel
Wednesday, July 24th, 2013 AT 6:03 PM

DID YOU CHECK THE LEVEL OF THE BRAKE JUICE?

. IT DOES SOUND LIKE AN ISSUE W/ THE MASTER CYLINDER. SOMETIMES IF THE LEVEL IS FINE, THE PLUNGER WITHIN THE MC MAY LET FLUID SLIP BY (INSTEAD OF PUSHING IT). THIS IS SOMETIMES CALLED AN INTERNAL LEAK

ANOTHER POSSIBILITY I SEE FROM TIME TO TIME IS "LISTENING TO A STUPID, KNOW IT ALL BUDDY!". ONLY "BRAKE FLUID" SHOULD BE USED IN THE MC. NOT AUTOMATIC TRANNY FLUID, OR ANYTHING ELSE. IT EATS UP THE RUBBER PARTS THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE BRAKE SYSTEM. EVERYTHING MUST BE REPLACED AND FLUSHED OUT

WERE YOU GONNA DIY THIS, IF THE MASTER CYLINDER IS DEFECTIVE?

IF SO, SORTA WHAT REGION OF THE U.S. DO YOU LIVE IN?

YOUR TURN

Wednesday, July 24th, 2013 AT 8:37 PM
MCAVINEE
Thanks for the quick reply. Yea, I will do it myself. I will first change the master cylcinder, the cheapest route as I have found the Santa Fe parts are expensive. I live in Akron Ohio
Thursday, July 25th, 2013 AT 2:53 AM
I JUST LOOKED IN YOUR YELLOW PAGES.....LOOKS LIKE "ADVANCE AUTO PARTS" IS UP THERE IN YANKEELAND TOO!

"A124" WAS WORKING YESTERDAY STILL!!!

SEE THIS LINK

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2001-dodge-neon-milage-just-want-put-fliuds-their-locations

THIS WILL "SYSTEM" WILL WORK FOR OTHER STUFF TOO!.....JUST GOTTA BE PATIENT AND DO YOUR HOMEWORK! (I DID IT THIS TIME FOR YOU!)

WHATCHA THINK?

YOU CAN GO TO THE SITE AND DO A "DRY RUN" BEFORE YOU ACTUALLY PUT IN YOUR CARD INFO

LEMME KNOW IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND "A124"

YOUR TURN

Thursday, July 25th, 2013 AT 6:25 AM