TRANSMISSION

2003 Honda Accord

dill-11

June, 3, 2014 AT 3:27 PM

I put a used transmission in a 2003 Honda accord 3.0. First and second change fine but third slips before it change. What could cause this? Also I have three set of sensors that are black and brown they all wiil put up to each other could they be crossed?

Transmission Flare

Transmission Problem

hmac300

June, 3, 2014 AT 3:48 PM

If it slips going into a gear either the seals are bad in that clutch pak or the clutch pak itself. The solenoids could be the same but it depends on the connectors. They all have different colored wires going to them though so it can shift properly. However those are probably not your cause.

hmac300

June, 3, 2014 AT 3:49 PM

Orgot to add, a trans guy shold check this out however for a proper diagnosis

dill-11

June, 8, 2014 AT 2:58 PM

How do I check the fluid in park running or not? When I check it in park it seams to have fluid still in the dip stick tube. Cloud it be to full. The manual say check hot engine off never heard of that.

hmac300

June, 8, 2014 AT 3:41 PM

Check it the way the manual says but I kind think it sounds like there is to much fluid in it. Normally that gets blown out the vent though.

dill-11

June, 8, 2014 AT 3:44 PM

Well I had drove it. Shouldn't it came out then if it was over full?

hmac300

June, 8, 2014 AT 3:55 PM

If it got warm enough yes if you only drove less than 10 miles then it wouldn't have. You migh thave had to drive it further. I can't find any info on how to check it. Ok I did find the way to check it. You have to shut engine off and check fluid within 60-90 seconds of shutting engine off. Also you have to heat trans until the cooling fan comes on.

Pulling an Auto Trans? Easy Instructions
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Turbine Sensor Replacement