Windows not working

MELISSAA
  • 2003 FORD TAURUS
Which fuse operates the power windows and dome lights
Saturday, February 23rd, 2013 AT 6:54 PM

There is a fuse f2-16 that runs the GEM module that controls the dome light and the window power.

Here is a guide to help you check for power at he fise when you find it by following these diagrams below.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-fuse

Check out the diagrams (Below)

Please let us know what you find. We are interested to see what it is. HEre is what the GEM looks like under the dash as well.

Cheers
+3
Saturday, February 23rd, 2013 AT 7:07 PM
MELISSAA
My Car does not tell me where fuses are located I have no owners manual & there is nothing on cover but numbers & yes I have power mirrors problem started when dome lights would not turn off removed first bulb when removing second bulb all went out & windows stopped working I checked all of the fuses and they are okay so I replaced the GEM module and that worked thanks 2Carpros you guys are great.
-1
Saturday, February 23rd, 2013 AT 7:32 PM
Nice work, we are here to help, please use 2CarPros anytime.
Saturday, February 23rd, 2013 AT 11:36 PM
332KENNEDY
  • 2003 FORD TAURUS
I have an 03 ford taurus driver door window only work going down and the other windows don t function either also when it rains I sometimes get a dash light indicating a door is open when they are all closed heard common problem were would the open circuit usually be?
Monday, January 8th, 2018 AT 11:41 AM (Merged)
Check and test the master control switch and the generic electronic module
EIRAM_1104
  • 2004 FORD TAURUS
I connected the trailer wires today and since then, all four power windows stopped working. I can't figure out how to fix it. I think it has something to do with the wirings. Please help. Thanks
ASEMASTER6371
You need to check for power to the master switch. Check your fuses as well. You may have caused an issue with the window power supply. Did you run anything under the dash?

CADIEMAN
Make sure the metal brakers in the fuse panel arent hot or lose use a test light to check the voltage on both sides of the breaker. Then remove the l/f window switch and check the voltage there.
MORGAN95
  • 2002 FORD TAURUS
2002 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive 50000 miles

power window sometimes did not work I replaced the 4 botton pad and the probllem persisted. Now it is no longer intermitent the wil not work at all. When I push driver side button down I hear a sound coming from driver side motor so I dont think it is a fuse.
+1
MERLIN2021
You need to remove the trim panel and check the regulator/motor, could be a striped plastic gear.
http://www.2carpros.com/how_to/power_window.htm