POWER STEERING

2003 Ford Taurus

fordtaurus001

April, 22, 2014 AT 7:17 PM

My power steering is messed up and I can't afford to take it to a mechanic, the problem is for the past month whenever I turn my wheel my car near the passenger side make a loud buzzing noise, I'm aware that my power steering fluid maybe low, so I've added more and let it sit over night but came to find out I added to much so whenever I turn my car off it spits out and makes me car engine get all smokey. Recently this week my wheel has become more resistant to turn and it sounds as if the buzzing is getting worse. The fluid seems to be doing nothing for me and I'm worried my car might be close to being worth nothing. Please help I'm desperate!

Jacobandnickolas

April, 23, 2014 AT 5:37 AM

The most common cause of this type of problem is a bad or worn power steering pump. If the fluid is full and it still makes noise, most likely it will need replaced.

Power Steering Fluid Flush Acura MDX 2000-200
Replace Tie Rod End