2003 FORD TAURUS OVERHEATS

• Jasminem
  • 2003 FORD TAURUS

I have an 03 ford Taurus I brought from a couple who had it sitting for a while I had the transmission rebuilt and now its overheating I replaced the radiator and fans. But it will only overheat at idle n cools down while driving. It doesn't have a cracked head gasket I have no clue what else it could be. Please help! Thank u

Thursday, October 10th, 2013 AT 3:18 PM

• Jacobandnickolas

Are the fans turning on? Have you replaced the thermostat?

Thursday, October 10th, 2013 AT 5:06 PM
  • Jasminem

Yes replaced both but when it overheats it boils really high n fast

Thursday, October 10th, 2013 AT 5:11 PM
  • Jacobandnickolas

If the fans are running and the thermostat was replaced, tell me this. If you rev the engine to around 2K RPM's, will it cool down? Have you checked to see if the radiator is partially plugged?

Thursday, October 10th, 2013 AT 5:18 PM
  • Jasminem

I went threw a shop they replaced the radiator so I have no clue n the car is still in the shop now so I can't rev it up I'm getting out tomorrow I have no money to keep handing these people n they still can't fix the problem. Today he said the last option was to take the heater coils out n see if that stops it from boiling but I won't have Any heat n he put blue devil engine seal to deal it in case there's a crack in the head gasket so I don't know where to go from here I put too much money in it just to sale it

Thursday, October 10th, 2013 AT 5:27 PM
  • Jasminem

Just spoke with the guy he said it cools down when u rev it up. Just when it's at idle it overheats

Thursday, October 10th, 2013 AT 5:39 PM
  • Jacobandnickolas

Okay, this makes no sense. If the fans are turning on and the temp drops when the engine is revved, it sounds like the water pump isn't doing its job at an idle. Is the belt that turns the pump tight?

Friday, October 11th, 2013 AT 7:01 PM